PS: This story is very symbolic and yet simple so try to read it and understand the symbols I have used.
Making smart choices:
1. Use Energy Savers than bulbs. Use LCDs then your regular monitors.
2. Don't waste water and food resources.
3. Eat more fruits and veggies than meat.
4. Plant a tree.
5. Try to avoid toxic materials.
6. Put your appliances on standby or shut them off when you aren't using them.
7. Think of upgrading the gadgets instead off buying new ones because it causes a lot of wastage of resources.
8. Go electronic than manual. If you are still in manual stuff, recycle but always remember that be efficient in your use because recycling also needs resources like water and it also produces toxins.
It is simple. You just need to be conscious and make other people conscious of this fact too.